Position Description: System Administrator – Linux/Solaris, San Diego, CA, salary at or above industry standard. JTT offers medical, dental, vision, 401(k) corporate match, bi-weekly pay, and a generous PTO policy accrued with payroll.
• Responsible for installation and maintenance of Linux/Solaris-based CWE operating configurations for servers and desktops
• Install and maintain the Linux/Solaris-based operating configurations on servers and desktops
• Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network
• Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration
• Maintain and update configuration documentation
• Participate in review boards and design reviews for changes and additions
• Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems’ configuration.
• At least 4 years of industry experience, or 8 years of industry experience with no degree
• Strong experience resolving complex system and network problems, and configuring Windows auditing capability
• In depth knowledge of LINUX/RHEL 6,7,8 9 operating systems. Performing access analysis, design, load optimization, and system implementation
• Monitor system capacity performance and bottlenecks
• Demonstrated ability to effectively function in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment
Security Clearance: Required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering or requisite experience as noted above.
Certifications: Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M must be completed upon contract award. Contractor personnel providing systems administration support shall be at a minimum Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level II certified.
Military Specific Experience: Veteran status is a plus.