Position Description: Senior IA Engineer, Charleston SC and San Diego CA. Salary at or above industry standard. JTT offers medical, dental, vision, 401(k) corporate match, bi-weekly pay, and a generous PTO policy accrued with payroll.
• Work in a team environment using the tools, processes and workflows of the Risk Management Framework and conduct Assessments and obtain Authorizations (RMF A&A).
• Prepare and update documentation in accordance with the guidelines of the Risk Management Framework.
• Implement or review NIST 800-53 security controls.
• Perform risk analysis and risk assessments to aggregate system risk
• Integrate, install, configure, test, and administer systems and capabilities to support scanning, monitoring, and reporting of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA)
• Perform security assessments; design reviews; provide security implementation related guidance on new technologies (Cloud technologies, Cross Domain Solutions, Hardware, Operating System, Web technologies, Databases, etc)
• Author, manage, and maintain diagrams, configuration documentation, and A&A artifacts
• Use eMASS to record results while implementing RMF steps 1-6
• 7-10 Years of Security Engineering experience with DIACAP and NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Experienced with the Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Information Security Agency (DISA), Fleet Cyber Command (FLTCYBERCOM), DoDIIS, and IC tools, systems, reporting mechanisms and requirements for A&A
• Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and analysis utilizing ACAS scanning and DISA STIGs across multiple platforms (Windows/Unix, Network, DNS, Enclave, etc).
• Experience in OS hardening; securing systems/software IAW IC, DoD, and industry best practices; use of security controls, testing methodologies, and procedures for systems and related network devices. HBSS/Tanium experience a plus.
• Familiar with network hardware (i.e., routers, switches, cryptographic equipment, transport technologies, fiber optic and copper cable, network protocols, network timing systems, Ethernet switching (LAN), IP, SONET, and MPLS).
Security Clearance: Yes
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering or requisite experience. Degree requirement may be substituted with 4 years additional relevant experience.
Certifications: Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M Level II or higher for Information Assurance Technician (IAT) or Information Assurance Manager (IAM). Fully Qualified Navy Validator (FQNV) a big plus.
Military Specific Experience: Veteran status is a plus.