Position Description: The Systems Analyst/Engineer will be responsible for supporting Department of Defense classified integrated and networked systems. The position is located in San Diego, CA.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with the last two years directly working with Department of Defense classified integrated and networked systems.
- Must possess an active DoD security clearance.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Able to work on government site in San Diego.
- Travel requirement: 3-4 weeks per year.
Technical and Practical Skills:
- SW Hypervisor: VMware vSphere 6.x/7.x, VMWare Horizon View Enterprise 7.
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise 7.x, Windows OS.
- HW Server: HP Servers
- VSAN clustering and storage engineering, shared storage management.
- HW performance, IO analysis and optimization.
- Fault Tolerance engineering, failover/recovery implementation.
- VLAN network isolation techniques.
- Experience with PKI certificate implementation on web interfaces.
- WAN/LAN design and configuration, VPN/FW Gateway: Juniper SRX 220 and JUNOS 12.x.
- Network design and configuration, Juniper ESC 4200/4500 Core Switch virtual chassis config and management.
- Implementing and managing complex ACL’s and FW rulesets.
- Raritan KVM.
- Supporting Network Time Protocol implementation and management for time-sensitive systems.
- Splunk administration/forwarder deployment.
- Experience with SecurityOnion.
- Work with DOD ACAS, Tenable products, ability to troubleshoot credential issues with scans.
- Configuration management: CMpro.
- Help desk experience, ITSM/Remedy tickets.
- Technical documentation: create/update install guides, SOPs, test plans, and test reports.
- Patching/updates in an air-gapped environment for Windows, Linux, Junos, and software.
- Experience with STIGs, STIG viewer, SCAP, and SCC via GUI and command line.
- Hardware testing: determining if new assets meet current requirements and future needs.
- Synology NAS.
- Shipboard installation, familiarity with CSOSS, ability to read and interpret technical drawings for power and networking.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering or requisite experience. Degree requirement may be substituted with 4 years additional relevant experience.
Certifications: Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M Level II or higher for Information Assurance Technician (IAT) or Information Assurance Manager (IAM).
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Above industry average for Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Holiday Bonus, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k, and expense reimbursements.
Corporate Culture: High speed, Low drag, No drama. Know your job, do your job.