Joint Tactics and Technologies has openings for a qualified Network Engineer to join our team. Candidate must possess a DoD SECRET clearance.
Job Description: Work with an engineering team of 20 personnel to achieve airborne networking goals with a focus on ADNS (Automated Dynamic Networking System) on Unmanned Aircraft to ground sites. May lead parts of projects through all aspects of the engineering process LAN/WAN routing, design, configurations and unit testing. Assist in NW design improvements and optimization; Document, manage configuration, test, and fix to create and deploy Airborne NW solutions;
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. This work is on customer site in San Diego
Ideal candidate is a Navy IT/ET with experience on large deck platforms, plus two years of additional systems engineering experience.
5+ years of NW operations, troubleshooting, development and configuration, or similar experience as a systems engineer to include design, build, integrate and test.
- ADNS configurations and troubleshooting
- Shipboard / Shore LAN/WAN infrastructure, routing, load balancing, and optimization, common packet routing protocols, WAN/LAN protocols, COTS IP routing
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and ATM switches.
- Administering Windows and RHEL operating systems
- Specific experience with: ADNS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and may be substituted with additional years of experience.
Knowledge of ADNS functional elements:
- Integrated Network Management (INM): Providing flexibility to adapt communications to available assets and mission priorities
- Routing and Switching (R&S): Providing the interface to users, and perform routing and switching of user data to available transmission circuits
- Channel Access Protocols (CAP): Manages data exchange over circuits and networks, monitors network quality of service, and reports loading and error conditions to the INM.
Company Description: JTT is a veteran-owned small business in San Diego, CA. We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, PTO, 401k, and a VERY positive work environment.