Location: Hybrid (2 days a week on government site in Pt Loma, San Diego)
Clearance Required: Secret
Start Date: 02 January or as soon as possible
Salary: $85,000 – $90,000, with HBSS experience
Company Labor Category: IA Engineer II
Overview: This position serves as a stepping-stone, offering growth opportunities for the successful candidate to promote to a Security Engineer for Cyber Security Systems and engineering projects, or RMF ISSE/NQV/SCAL for Security Systems and Programs.
Job Description: Cybersecurity Incident Support Technician
- Consult with the OPS Team Lead on issues related to Electronic Spillage (ES). Coordinate with INFOSEC and Divisional ISSO to prepare and process ESAF reports for submission to NNWC ES center.
- Address issues related to Electronic Spillages and USB VIOLATION IA Events, especially regarding RDTE DLP Blocked Smart Phones.
HBSS Maintenance/USB Authorization:
- Manage whitelist USB exception requests on RDTE and Classified SWAN HBSS servers, including working with External USD HDD and Printer devices.
- Process USB exception requests for unclassified USB external devices for use on the RDTE network.
- Troubleshoot device connectivity problems with approved HBSS USB devices, including issues with workstation connectivity and external USB HDD and printer devices.
- Identify and correct inaccuracies during the USB exception request process.
- Consult with the OPS team lead on SWAN and RDTE whitelisting anomalies.
SIPRNET Account Activation/Reactivation:
- Handle the approval workflow for SIPRNET account activation/re-activation, including review and submission processes.
- Provide training on HBSS Whitelisting and troubleshoot USB DLP issues, especially for peers unfamiliar with the Whitelisting or DLP process.