Position Description: Virtualization Systems Engineer, San Diego, CA. Salary at or above industry standard. JTT offers medical, dental, vision, 401(k) corporate match, bi-weekly pay, and a generous PTO policy accrued with payroll.
• Responsible for system administration and engineering of VMware virtualization technologies , deploying Linux and Windows virtual servers and clients.
• Installation and configuring of software applications, operating systems, software tools, storage devices, and developed software, deploying virtual systems, as well as monitoring of system resources consumed by the virtual machines.
• Maintain and update configuration documentation, as well as provide monthly reports as required.
• General Windows and Linux Systems Administration required.
• VMWare/vSphere/vClient/ESXi/SAN/NAS/VSAN Administration experience required.
• Candidates should hold at least one current network industry certification.
• At least 4 years of industry experience, or 8 years of industry experience with no degree.
• 3 years of experience Monitoring system capacity performance and bottlenecks
• 2 year of experience designing and deploying virtualized infrastructures
• Demonstrated ability to effectively function in a multi-system and/or multi-application environment
Security Clearance: Yes
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering or requisite experience.
Certifications: Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M must be completed upon contract award. Contractor personnel providing systems administration support shall be at a minimum Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level II certified.
Military Specific Experience: Veteran status is a plus.