Position Description: Senior Computer Scientist, San Diego, CA. Salary at or above industry standard. JTT offers medical, dental, vision, 401(k) corporate match, bi-weekly pay, and a generous PTO policy accrued with payroll.
• Lead a small team and/or reports individual work products to senior management.
• Define program objectives, develop innovative approaches, establish a management/process structure, identify required resources, and provide management with input to budgets.
• Resolve technical issues; building design reviews for implementation of new technologies; and responding to project data calls.
• Coordinate new requirements for projects, assist in the determination of centralized services, manage the development relating to standards and operating procedures, and contribute to and work from integrated project plans.
• Design or conduct analytical studies, cost-benefit analyses, or other research.
• Conduct operational analyses to formulate system concept architectural designs, functional specifications, and software development requirements.
• May design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications.
• Support integration, analysis, testing, troubleshooting of network devices and services, layer 1/2/3 to conduct asset management
• Lead efforts to Implement enterprise network management tools to monitor and analyze network performance at the physical infrastructure and internet protocol (IP) packet level.
• Understand Cryptographic equipment analysis in terms of architecture hardware/software procurement, circuit troubleshooting, performance and capacity planning.
• Posses exemplary organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage a number of projects at one time.
• Candidates should hold at least one current network industry certification, such as: Cisco’s CCNA, Foundry’s BCNE, or Juniper’s JNCIE.
• Cyber-Security Workforce (CSWF) Level II, or higher, Information Assurance Technician (IAT) certifications.
• Candidates are able to work in an integrated product team environment
• Candidates should be highly familiar with network hardware and complex system architectures I.e. LAN/WAN/VLAN/IPSec/Secure routing and port security implementation, devices such as routers, switches, cryptographic equipment, transport technologies, fiber optic and copper cable, network protocols, network timing systems, Ethernet switching (LAN), IP, SONET, and MPLS.
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Code Management practices, and ability to read and generate code in C, C#, and/or Java.
Security Clearance: Yes
Education: Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering. 5 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 8 years of industry experience with a Bachelor’s.
Certifications: Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 or Information Assurance Manager Level 2, and candidate will obtain Level 3 within 180 days.
Military Specific Experience: Veteran status is a plus.