Position Description: Senior Computer Scientist, San Diego, CA, with salary at or above industry standard. JTT offers include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) corporate match. This position is contingent on customer funding.
• Define program objectives, develop innovative approaches, establish a management/process structure, identify required resources, and provide management with input to budgets.
• Responsible for resolution of technical issues; network testing; building design reviews for implementation of the RDT&E network; and responding to RDT&E network data calls.
• Coordinate new requirements for the RDT&E network; assist in the determination of RDT&E centralized services for technical departments; management of the development relating to standards and operating procedures for the RDT&E network; and multiple project plans.
• Designing or conducting analytical studies, cost-benefit analyses, or other research.
• Conducting operational analyses to formulate system concept architectural designs, functional specifications, and software development.
• Design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications.
• This support will encompass integration, analysis, testing, troubleshooting of network devices and services, RDT&E layer 1/2/3 asset management, and use of enterprise network management tools to monitor and analyze network performance at the physical infrastructure and internet protocol (IP) packet level.
• Support the RDT&E network wiring infrastructure, network hubs, switches, and routers. Prototype and optimize installation and configuration of Brocade, Cisco, Juniper, and Fore/Marconi ATM equipment.
• Experience with Cryptographic equipment hardware/software installation, firmware upgrades, Cryptographic Keying Material loading, testing, and troubleshooting. Experience with TACLANE a plus.
• Should posses exemplary organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage a number of projects at one time.
• Maintain and update configuration documentation, as well as provide monthly reports as required.
• Candidates should hold at least one current network industry certification, such as: Cisco’s CCNA, Foundry’s BCNE, or Juniper’s JNCIE.
• Cyber-Security Workforce (CSWF) Level II, or higher, Information Assurance Technician (IAT) certifications.
• At least 7 years of experience with a Master’s degree, or 8 years of industry experience with a Bachelor’s, or Associate’s degree with at least 10 years of industry experience.
• Candidates should be familiar with and able to work within an environment using standard Systems and Network Engineering and principles.
• Candidates should be highly familiar with network hardware I.e. routers, switches, cryptographic equipment, transport technologies, fiber optic and copper cable, network protocols, network timing systems, Ethernet switching (LAN), IP, SONET, and MPLS.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows
• Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Code Management practices, and ability to read and generate code in C, C#, and/or Java.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Position requires an active SECRET clearance or higher
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in: information systems, computer science, math, or engineering or requisite experience as noted above.
Baseline certification as stipulated in DoD 8570.01-M must be completed upon contract award. Contractor personnel providing systems administration support shall be at a minimum Information Assurance Training (IAT) Level II certified or have the ability to meet IAT Level II requirements within 180 days of appointment.
Military Specific Experience:
Veteran status is a plus. Experience in support of DoD networks and infrastructure desired.